Every church has a Parish Pastoral Council. What do they do?
- Helps set the direction for St. Stephen Parish.
- Coordinates communications and activities among all parish groups.
- Meetings are held monthly and are open to all parishioners who may address the Council with proper permission of the Chairperson.
- Each member-at-large serves a three-year term on a revolving basis so that a third of the members are appointed each year.
- The various parish groups are under the umbrella of the Council. The groups are autonomous and set their own goals. Parish Pastoral Council members represent and act as liaisons between the groups and the Parish Council.
- Please refer to the PPC Bulletin pull-down menu for the minutes of the Parish Pastoral Team Meetings.
What is a PPC?Every October, our parish “installs” a new PPC at every Mass over a period of two to three weeks. Unless you’ve served on this venerable body, you’ve probably asked: Who or what is a PPC? A quick Google of TM search reveals a myriad of possibilities:
- Pay per click
- Production possibility curve
- Pollution prevention and control
- Polyester powder coating
- Pirate Party of Canada (really!), and more!
The 2019-2020 Parish Pastoral Council members are:
- Fr. Shimit Abraham, Pastor
- Glen Snethun (Chair)
- Marianna Magus (Recording Secretary)
- Jesse Bayley (Youth Ministry rep.)
- Ray Cyr (Maintenance and Knights rep.)
- Peggy Hoffman (CWL Rep)
- Bertha Lamonte (Fundraising chair)
- Annette Specht (Liturgy rep.)
- Maria Wagner (Father Lacombe School rep.)
- Richard Benille
- Teresa Dyck