Every church has a Parish Pastoral Council. What do they do?
- Helps set the direction for St. Stephen Parish.
- Coordinates communications and activities among all parish groups.
- Meetings are held monthly and are open to all parishioners who may address the Council with proper permission of the Chairperson.
- Each member-at-large serves a three-year term on a revolving basis so that a third of the members are appointed each year.
- The various parish groups are under the umbrella of the Council. The groups are autonomous and set their own goals. Parish Pastoral Council members represent and act as liaisons between the groups and the Parish Council.
- Please refer to the PPC Bulletin pull-down menu for the minutes of the Parish Pastoral Team Meetings.
For more detailed information about these or any other ministries, you may call the Parish Office.
What is a PPC?
In the Roman Catholic Church, PPC stands for Parish Pastoral Council. In our parish, the PPC acts as an advisor to our pastor, Father Shimit, in all matters relating to the well-being of the parish. We work to create a welcoming parish and to promote the work of all parish groups and ministries. We also take a leadership role in planning parish activities and events. YOUR PPC is here to serve YOU!
If you have questions or concerns that you would like brought forward to the pastor or parish team, please contact us by talking to a PPC member (see below) or contact the parish office and ask to leave a message for PPC. We will respond promptly!
As an added note – PPC Meetings are public, and you are always welcomed to attend. Meeting are on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month (except July and August) at 7 p.m. in the Parish Hall.
The 2019-2020 Parish Pastoral Council members are:
- Fr. Shimit Abraham, Pastor
- Glen Snethun (Chair)
- Marianna Magas (Recording Secretary)
- Jesse Bayley (Youth Ministry rep.)
- Ray Cyr (Maintenance and Knights rep.)
- Peggy Hoffman (CWL Rep)
- Annette Specht (Liturgy rep.)
- Richard Bemile
- Teresa Dyck
Agendas and Action Items